NASSAU, Bahamas — The Securities Commission of The Bahamas (“the Commission”), in partnership with the Government of The Bahamas, announced today that the country will host a global FinTech and Web3 Festival, from 24-26 January 2023, at Atlantis Hotel, Nassau, Bahamas. The in-person festival, branded as D3 Bahamas (Decentralized | Digital | Disruptive), aims to host over 3,000 industry leaders from across the Americas, Middle East, Europe and Asia.
The festival will help shape global, regional and industry agendas in FinTech, including Web3, Digital/Crypto Assets, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC), Green Finance, and more.
Commenting on the launch of D3, Minister of Economic Affairs, Senator the Hon. Michael Halkitis, said, “the government is aiming to substantially grow the digital assets sector in The Bahamas and through this festival bring FinTech thought leaders, entrepreneurs, enthusiasts and people with a deep interest in this space to our shores.”
Executive Director of the Commission, Christina Rolle said, “The Commission is pleased to collaborate with the Government in hosting D3 Bahamas. The festival represents a proactive initiative by the Commission to lead the regulatory discussion about FinTech and to address solutions that will inform the future of FinTech and Web3, in The Bahamas and globally.”
D3 Bahamas is a week-long Fintech festival comprising five tracks:
- Regulatory Showcase: Global regulators convene to share information, knowledge and experiences related to FinTech and to collaborate on the regulation of FinTech issues, trends and risks.
- Venture Capital Forum: Active investors set the agenda for the year ahead and tackle the issues limiting the growth and adoption of FinTech and Web3, etc.
- D3 Startup Battle: Scale-up Web3 tech companies from around the world compete for venture capital funding.
- Bahamas Spotlight: Opportunities for Bahamian professionals from various sectors including law, accounting, real estate, tourism, sports and the arts to highlight the jurisdictions’ offerings and talent across a variety of sectors.
- Dozens of networking/side events.
Finoverse is the official event organizer of D3 Bahamas. The firm has been organizing the Hong Kong FinTech Week since 2015. CEO and Co-Founder, Anthony Sar commented, “We are pleased to collaborate with the Government of The Bahamas and the Commission to expand our international FinTech expertise with D3 Bahamas. The event will focus on three global trends reshaping financial services today: digitalization, decentralization and disruption. As more global computing power has driven down computing costs, all-things digital are more possible than ever and decentralization will help ‘solve for trust’ the challenges that blockchain overcomes. This space is poised for continued disruption as the technology and teams that power tomorrow’s solutions with investment, competition and innovation come together at D3 to discuss what’s possible throughout the digital economy ecosystem.”